Epicor Announces Total Economic Impact Study Reveals Customers Achieve 103% ROI with Epicor ERP
Independent Research Firm Study Highlights Economic Benefits of Over $5 Million from the Implementation of Next-Gen Epicor ERP Suite
Epicor Software Corporation, a global leader in business software solutions for manufacturing, distribution, retail and services organizations, today announced the availability of a new Total Economic Impact™ (TEI) study that examines the potential return on investment (ROI) companies can achieve with the Epicor enterprise resource planning (ERP) suite. The June 2014 commissioned study conducted by Forrester Consulting on behalf of Epicor is titled, “The Total Economic Impact™ of Epicor ERP: Cost Savings and Business Benefits Attributed to Epicor ERP.”
The study is based on detailed interviews conducted with a number of Epicor customers worldwide. Their combined attributes and experiences form a composite organization from which Forrester developed a framework to measure the potential financial impact and investment return of Epicor ERP on an organization. Based on the analysis, Epicor ERP enabled the composite organization to achieve risk-adjusted monetary benefits of more than $3.8 million, with a risk-adjusted ROI of 103% and a payback period of 15 months, in addition to $1.25 million in productivity savings bringing the total economic benefit to more than $5 million. Furthermore, with Epicor ERP the composite organization achieved significant business benefits and productivity improvements across its supply chain management, production management, planning and scheduling, sales, finance and IT functions including:
- increased inventory turns resulting in a 15% reduction in average inventory levels
- 12% time savings (2,500 hours per year) in production control as a result of Epicor's visual Kanban and lean manufacturing capabilities;
- increased productivity due to the integrated manufacturing execution system (MES) for online visibility of plant floor and plant-based transactions;
- increased sales productivity and improved customer satisfaction through more accurate sales estimates and order fulfillment, streamlined order-to-cash processing and self-service ecommerce storefront for order placement and tracking;
- improved cross-organizational financial visibility and control over financial reporting, planning, and forecasting processes, while complying with corporate, finance, and international trade standards;
- continuous improvement and increased productivity through creation and enforcement of unique business processes, alerts, and workflows that eliminate waste among critical business processes without customizing the software; and,
- a relatively short time to implement and deploy, lowering cost of ownership and accelerating ROI.
“We believe this Forrester TEI study substantiates the significant value that Epicor ERP delivers to our customers. The returns and benefits are even more compelling when you consider the rapid return on investment and low total cost of ownership,” said John Hiraoka, executive vice president and chief marketing officer for Epicor. “With Epicor ERP, our customers are improving productivity, increasing efficiency, and improving performance, all of which leads to a better experience for their partners and customers and can deliver lasting competitive advantage for their organizations.”
Built on a 100% service-oriented architecture and Microsoft .NET technologies, Epicor ERP is an end-to-end, industry-specific enterprise software solution for business that provides complete freedom of choice in deployment -- on premise, hosted or in the cloud as a software as a service (SaaS) solution.
Download the full study to learn more about how Epicor ERP delivers this compelling ROI and the information businesses need to make smarter decisions, faster.
About Epicor Software Corporation
Epicor Software Corporation is a global leader delivering inspired business software solutions to the manufacturing, distribution, retail and services industries. With over 40 years of experience serving small, midmarket and larger enterprises, Epicor has more than 20,000 customers in over 150 countries. Epicor enterprise resource planning (ERP), retail management software, supply chain management (SCM), and human capital management (HCM) enable companies to drive increased efficiency and improve profitability. With a history of innovation, industry expertise and passion for excellence, Epicor provides the single point of accountability that local, regional and global businesses demand. The Company's headquarters are located in Austin, Texas, with offices and affiliates worldwide. For more information, visit www.epicor.com.
# # #
Epicor and the Epicor logo are trademarks of Epicor Software Corporation, registered in the United States and other countries. Other trademarks referenced are the property of their respective owners. The product and service offerings depicted in this document are produced by Epicor Software Corporation.
Senior Director, Public Relations
Epicor Software Corporation
+1 949 585 4235